REAL MEN, REAL HEROES ASSISTANT PROGRAM SPECIALIST
Send resume to: email@example.com with Subject Line:
“Assistant Program Specialist”
The Assistant Program Specialist will be responsible for assisting with programs and activities, coordination of school visits and trips for mentoring programs, and provide support for organizational activities, special events and assignments.
- Coordinate (schedule and communicate) school visits for Heroes and Teen Heroes. Providing confirmation to requestor and reminders to Heroes.
- Track Hero and Teen Hero service hours completed through participation in school visits, community events, etc.
- Manage data and records using an organized system that allows for efficient use of space, time, and retention of records.
- Perform a variety of office and administrative duties such as answering phone, filing, running errands, picking up supplies needed for activities, and making arrangements for rental and use of equipment and other facilities. (mileage provided)
- Coordinate a timely response to all inquiries and discuss all correspondences with direct Supervisor.
- Coordinate all meeting request and activities of Real Men, Real Heroes, including room reservations, catering needs, equipment/room setup, invitations, and participant confirmation and reminders.
- Exercise confidentiality with all Real Men, Real Hero information, documents, donors and funders (i.e. USD 259, private donors, Foundations, etc.).
- Document hours worked, outreach activities, and funder communications
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES (as assigned)
- Coordinate Board and Committee meetings.
- Prepare presentations for Heroes for assigned engagements.
- Coordinate Real Men, Real Hero events (i.e. Future Hero Trips, Appreciation Event, Fundraisers, etc.).
- Prepare communications to Heroes via e-mails, letters, social media, postcards, and newsletters.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position and/or pertains to Real Men, Real Heroes.
- Ability to acquire and maintain a valid Kansas driver’s license.
- Ability to develop, operate, and provide written reports on all aspects of operations assigned in a timely basis.
- Professional level of correspondence, report writing, and spread sheeting operations is required.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, and utilize a variety of reports and records.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to express ideas effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Offers of employment are contingent upon a satisfactory evaluation of a background check.
- Organizational and time management skills required.
- Use of excellent customer service skills,
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all Heroes, partners, funders, and all members of the general public professionally.
- Professionalism is required at all times.
Employment Type: Part – Time (20 Hours per week)
10:00 a.m. – 2:00 P.M. (no lunch)
10:00 a.m. – 3:00 P.M. (lunch)
Evenings or weekend work may be required on an occasional basis.
Practicum Credit Hour= Per Semester